Wednesday, June 10, 2015

It is Week 10!

Its the final week. Feeling sad and relieve at the same time. Sad that the course is ending but relieve that all of the tasks have been complete. It was a wonderful experience to join the Webskills program and having Donna Shaw as our instructor. It was also great to have wonderful group members in the Yellow Group. Will be missing all of you. Hope to keep in touch with all of you in the future.

The past 10 weeks was an eye opener for me. I got to learn that there were so many teaching technologies available for us to use. I got to explore so many of them and tried to implement some of the suitable ones into my lessons. But then, 10 weeks was such a short time to learn everything.

Joining this program was so much fun; endless possibilities that one could do with the internet and bring it in to the classroom. Before this I felt that I was in a rut that I could not come out of. Joining this program was like 'a breath of fresh air'. I would miss the days to go to town to do the assignments, tasks, discussions and exploring then later on the interesting reading materials.

One of the best spots for surfing the internet with my trusty Dell laptop. (at KFC)


I would suggest to add more tools that teachers could use to integrate language games. For example Hot Potatoes or having a program like WorDict. We do need some programs or tools such as this, if possible free ones, that could be used without internet access because sometimes there could be times where the internet would be down. Nevertheless, I thoroughly love all the tools and resources showcased in the program. I would be using many of them in my future lessons. So much to learn, so little time.

Signing off for the final week. Best wishes.

Evette Anak Sagim
Malaysia

4 comments:

  1. Hello Evette,

    Am sad that the course is over. Thanks for reading my blog and encouraging me. Please stay in touch.

    Jason
    Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Evette,
    I have also finished all my tasks for final week. The experience of the course was really amazing.
    I hope to stay in touch with you!
    Take care friend.
    Regards
    Nigora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Evette,

    What a wonderful suggestion; getting to know more resources will help us all in making better and more accurate decision with regard to tech tool selection.

    I really used your productive feedback in this course and look forward to being connected with you more in the future and doing joint research projects.

    Regards
    Mitra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Evette,

    I love the picture of you!! Thank you so much for posting it. It is always so nice to see someone. Thank you for your great participation and support of your course colleagues during the 10 weeks of our course. It's been an amazing journey. Please stay in touch!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete